The London firm of Gray & Davison built a two-manual organ for St. Giles’ in 1883 and enlarged it to three manuals in 1895.
The console, pipework and action are all original Gray & Davison. The organ case was replaced by an oak frontage in 1932.
The organ has a Grade II Historic Organ Certificate from the British Institute of Organ Studies and is of national importance.
It is one of only a handful of essentially unaltered Gray & Davison organs which are still housed in the churches for which they were originally built.
The organ has 27 speaking stops including 4 pedal stops. The manuals are tracker action and the pedals tubular pneumatic.
It is getting on for 40 years since the organ was last restored and we are beginning to raise funds for a further restoration.